Graduate Student, Materials Chemistry
Department of Chemistry
University of Wisconsin-Madison
B.S. Chemistry, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, 2010
PhD Materials Chemistry, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2010-present
My research focuses primarily on the study of novel nanostructured materials for energy storage applications.
Figure 1: With our collaborators at Brookhaven National Labs, we have developed and improved transmission X-ray microscopy measurements capable of studying nanostructured battery systems in operando9
Awards and Honors
In the News
Mark E. Griffin, Better battery imaging paves way for renewable energy future, UW-Madison News, 2015; Better battery imaging paves way for renewable energy future, NSF 360 Science News, Top Story, 2015;
9) Linsen Li, Yu-chen Karen Chen-Wiegart, Jiajun Wang, Peng Gao, Qi Ding, Young-Sang Yu, Feng Wang, Jordi Cabana, Jun Wang & Song Jin, Visualization of electrochemically driven solid-state phase transformations using operando hard X-ray spectro-imaging, Nature Communications, 2015, 6, DOI:10.1038/ncomms7883
8) Hanfeng Liang, Fei Meng, Miguel Caban-Acevedo, Linsen Li, Audrey Forticaux, Lichen Xiu, Zhoucheng Wang, and Song Jin; Hydrothermal Continuous Flow Synthesis and Exfoliation of NiCo Layered Double Hydroxide Nanosheets for Enhanced Oxygen Evolution Catalysis, Nano Letters, 2015, pp. 1421-1427, DOI: 10.1021/nl504872s
7) Linsen Li, Miguel Caban-Acevedo, Steven N. Girard and Song Jin; High-purity iron pyrite (FeS2) nanowires as high-capacity nanostructured cathodes for lithium-ion batteries Nanoscale, 2014, 6, 2112-2118.
6) Mark A. Lukowski, Andrew S. Daniel, Fei Meng, Audrey Forticaux, Linsen Li, and Song Jin; Enhanced Hydrogen Evolution Catalysis from Chemically Exfoliated Metallic MoS2 Nanosheets J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135 (28), pp 10274–10277.
5) Ryan Franking, Linsen Li, Mark A. Lukowski, Fei Meng, Yizheng Tan, Robert J. Hamers, and Song Jin; Facile Post-Growth Doping of Nanostructured Hematite Photoanodes for Enhanced Photoelectrochemical Water Oxidation Energy Environ. Sci. 2013, 6, 500-512.
4) Linsen Li, Fei Meng, and Song Jin; High-Capacity Lithium-Ion Battery Conversion Cathodes Based on Iron Fluoride Nanowires and Insights into the Conversion Mechanism Nano Lett. 2012, 12 (11), pp 6030-6037.
3) Marc Estruga , Fei Meng , Linsen Li , Lianyi Chen , Xiaochun Li and Song Jin; Large-scale solution synthesis of a-AlF3·3H2O nanorods under low supersaturation conditions and their conversion to porous b-AlF3 nanorods J. Mater. Chem. 2012, 22, 20991-20997.
2) Haoyu Wu, Fei Meng, Linsen Li, Song Jin, and Gengfeng Zheng; Dislocation-Driven CdS and CdSe Nanowire Growth ACS Nano 2012, 6 ,4461–4468.
1) Li, Linsen; Yu, Yanghai; Meng, Fei; Tan, Yizheng; Hamers, Robert J.; Jin, Song; Facile Solution Synthesis of α-FeF3·3H2O Nanowires and Their Conversion to α-Fe2O3 Nanowires for Photoelectrochemical Application, Nano Lett., 2012, 12, 724-731.